We sometimes get people who say it’s hard to raise the $200 commitment, however many people easily exceed the minimum commitment year after year. Below are a few tips to give you some inspiration.
- Hold a dinner party and charge your guests to attend. A fun way to raise funds, but also a good way to spread the word about the Upstream Challenge and get team mates to join you on the day!
- Set your friends and family a target fundraising amount that if they reach, you’ll do something silly or fun (like wear a wookiee costume)
- Ask people to join you or to help you out by sponsoring you.
- Bake decorated cupcakes or biscuits and sell them to friends and family or at work or school.
- Garage Sale/Ebay Sale – Get rid of unwanted items around the house and raise some $
- Organise a sausage sizzle either at work, the footy club or the local shops. It’s easy to do if you’re a team and a great way to give your fundraising efforts a big boost!
- Ask your work to sponsor you. Some employers will match the funds raised, so it’s good to ask if they might consider doing the same.
Communicate often with your social network. Provide updates on your training and include photos. Let them know your fundraising target and where the funds are going including information about the charities. It’s also good to post links to your donation page.
Use our FUNDRAISING RESOURCES to promote the event on your emails and in your office.
Terry Gretton Highest Fundraiser Award Volunteer Terry Gretton was instrumental in putting forward FareShare to be named as one of the beneficiaries of the Upstream Challenge. Sadly, Terry passed away in December 2012 before he could see what impact it has had. To honour Terry’s memory, we present the annual ‘Terry Gretton Highest Fundraiser Award’ which will be awarded to the highest fundraiser in the Upstream Challenge.
Fundraising Prizes Thanks to our fabulous sponsors Harvey Norman Springvale, we always have some great prizes to recognise your hard work. Raise the amounts below and you’ll go in a draw to WIN!