Whether you’re a keen walker or just have a few hours or dollars to spare for a good cause, we’d be thrilled to have your help!
Here’s a few ideas (and we’re open to other suggestions!):
- Participate in the Upstream Challenge.
- Find a walker or team and offer to be part of their support team, providing water, food, transport, and general encouragement.
- Make a financial donation. You can help sponsor one of the participants, or donate directly to the Upstream Foundation. Either way, your contributions over $2 are tax-deductible and 100% goes directly to the beneficiary.
- Volunteer to help out with photography, event coordination, volunteer coordination or anywhere that is needed!
- Own a company? Work for one? Encourage your business to become a corporate sponsor.
- Tell your friends, family, workmates, boss, clients, suppliers, neighbours, journalists and anyone else you know about the Upstream 50km Challenge and invite them to make a difference too!
Running a great event is just as much work as walking 50km — so we really appreciate all our fantastic volunteers!
Past volunteers tell us it’s a lot of fun, and we couldn’t do without them! Even if you’ve just got a few hours to spare, we’ll gladly put you to work. Just download and complete the Volunteer Form to let us know you’re available!
By participating in the Upstream Challenge, each participant agrees to raise a minimum of $200 to go to their nominated beneficiary. A $50 donation is required during registration and goes towards the $200 minimum. Donations for the 2018 Upstream Challenge are due back Friday 23rd November 2018.
Collecting Donations for the Upstream Challenge
You can view your sponsorship on the website under ‘Team Pages’ or by signing in. (Please note, it will only include sponsorship made via creditcard online.) Once signed in on the website you can also send out emails requesting sponsorship from friends and family. We prefer all donations to be made online by credit card. Alternatively donations can be made via EFT or cheque.
Donations via EFTAccount Name: Upstream Foundation BSB: 013 350 Account #: 8377 82702 Reference/Description: Please advise which project your funds are to be passed onto & notify the Upstream Foundation via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) of your deposit. Please include an address where your receipt can be sent.
Donations via Cheque Cheques should be made payable to Upstream Foundation Pty Ltd and sent to: Upstream Foundation, PO BOX 479, Warrandyte, 3113. Receipts will be issued by the Upstream Foundation, so please include a name and return address.
Donations via Cash If you have collected cash donations, please don’t send it in the mail. Instead, write a cheque/money order or make an EFT payment to cover the amount of cash.
Receipt Books: Receipt books are issued on a request basis only. If you plan to collect donations via cash or cheque you will require a receipt book. Please take care of the receipt books. By law, ALL receipt books must be returned, even if they have not been used. Contact the foundation (email@example.com) to request a receipt book. You should only issue receipts for donations over $2 made via cash or cheque and only after the donation has been made. Donations made online are issued receipts via automated email. You must return your receipt books to the Upstream Foundation, together with the donations received by the due date.